New control, new inspiration
Electronic music is as much about expression as it is about sound generation—and Buchla Easel V delivers new expressive capabilities beyond your wildest dreams.
We’ve dramatically expanded the functionality of the original Music Easel while respecting the instrument’s unique personality and design philosophy. One click reveals all the new additions. The Left Hand section provides five full-featured Function Generators individually routable to any of 76 modulation targets. The Right Hand section gives you a modern step sequencer with innovative options. Gravity is an X/Y grid that uses the physics of a bouncing ball influenced by attraction, repulsion and collision with objects to generate unique, unexpected modulation signals. There’s also a two-slot Effects section for additional processing and animation right inside Buchla Easel V.
New additions to Buchla Easel V give you the power to create and perform complex, exotic sounds that were simply impossible until now.
- A component-level model of the Buchla Music Easel
- Complex and Modulation oscillators, dual Low Pass Gates, output section with spring reverb modelling
- Modulation sources perfecly reproduced : 5-step Sequencer, Envelope Generator, Pulser
- Semi-modular architecture, color-coded routing and cables
- Enhanced functionalities, synchronizable Pulser and Clock, Oscillators quantization
- Left Hand modulation sources to create multi-point envelopes and LFOs. Add randomness and smoothing to the modulation
- Right Hand step-sequencer module
- Gravity XY modulation source. Control the sound with the movement of a projectile flying among planets and worm holes!
- 10 effects, Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Overdrive, Delay, ...
- Control on the Vactrol modelling for fast, medium or slow response
- Up to 4 voices of polyphony
- 256 factory presets